Want to help out more?
- Promote the petition (and explain it too) and proudly display an image from below – no we are not the Toorak of the west, we do not think our needs or wants or any more important than anyone elses, we are a proud community that wants to determine our future and set the example for other communities too – Please join and support and fly your own flag, the more people power the better.
- Volunteer your time and skills – a little goes a long way
- Get local business involved make it a community thing across everything we do
- Think outside the box – what can you do to fly the flag so to speak? – family days, events, sell the message, lobby stakeholders, leverage contacts?
- Challenge the status quo – Share articles that are skewed towards more development, write and challenge it, encourage others to do so. If you bought here, its your property values. Even if you didn't, like everyone else its your travel times, well being, where your kids go to school, and more.
- "Address" fear – your property value will not go down by having a strong voice and speaking the truth, but over development in low-cost, unsuitable housing WILL by creating a glut on the market and ruining our community, think of it as our brand – what do we want to be? What do we stand for? – stand up for it and address it now (if you need evidence see here - www.mpa.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/PSP1207.1_Lincoln-Heath-South.pdf)